Has a friend told you she’s Pregnant?
Will you be surprised, happy, or worried if a friend tells you she’s pregnant?
Unplanned pregnancies can be scary for your friends. They need to know that you will be there for them and help them get through this unexpected life turn.
We’ve put a list of ways you can help your friend get through this time of uncertanty.
What to do next.
- Talk with your friend and listen to her fears and anxieties. Ask questions about her feelings. User her answers to help yo figure out ways to help her. An most importantly, just be there for here.
- Have talks with her other friends and family members. Sometimes your friend might need help breaking the news to her parents or the father of the child. Let her know you are available and wait for her to let you know when the right time to help is.
- There are several options and places she can go to get help. Try to help your friend by helping her find solutions and get help.
Things not to do.
- Don’t make her feel bad. She’s could already be scared, worried, and have feelings of guilt and embarrassment. Be a safe, strong, encouraging, and positive confidant for her.
- You may feel like you know exactly what she should do, but don’t put pressure on her. Express your thoughts when given the opportunity but ultimately, the decisions she will face are hers to make. Let her know you will be there for here no matter what.
- Don’t distance yourself from her or cut her off from your life. She may already feel alone and scared. Make sure she knows you are there for her.
How can we help you help her?
If you or a friend need help, please reach out to us.