Has a friend told you she’s Pregnant?
Unplanned pregnancies can be scary for your friends. They need to know that you will be there for them and help them get through this unexpected turn in their life.
Below there is a list of ways you can help your friend get through this time of uncertanty.
What to do next:
- Talk with your friend and listen to her fears and anxieties. Ask questions about her feelings. Most importantly, just be there for her.
- Your friend might need help breaking the news to her parents or the father of the child. Let her know you are available and wait for her to let you know the right time.
- There are several options and places she can go to get help. We are here to mentor, guide and provide professional services such as free ultrasounds and counseling to pregnant women in need such as your friend. A huge way you can help your friend is to let her know about us and offer to take her to her first appointment.
What not to do:
- Don’t make her feel bad. She’s could already be scared, worried, and have feelings of guilt and embarrassment. Be a safe, strong, encouraging, and positive confidant for her.
- You may feel like you know exactly what she should do, but don’t put pressure on her. Express your thoughts when given the opportunity but ultimately, the decision is hers to make. Let her know you will be there for here no matter what.
- Don’t distance yourself from her or cut her off from your life. She may already feel alone and scared. Make sure she knows you are there for her.
We are here to help. Contact us today!
If you or a friend need help, please contact us. To learn more about our services, click “Our Services.”